Monday, May 19, 2008

Verse Of The Day

Masta Ace - Da Grind


[1st Verse]

Ay yo, I'm trying to make my dollars double
I done found a place to fit in
For niggaz trying to get into this power struggle
I work hard on the job like immigrants
And always try to get my first half in advance
It sounds strange but the rap game is not a game
You could make a lot of money gain a lot of fame
But don't get it twisted
You could get addicted
Buy a mansion in the Hamptons, and get evicted
Now if you call me and I'm not around
I'm probably putting my grind down
Doing shows out of town
I be the manager, road manager, and call handler
Booking agent, choreographer and tour planner
I be the V.P. of marketing and promotions
Producer and arraigner, with a range of emotions
And after it all, I still gotta perform
At three o'clock in the morn', when half the fans are gone
But it's fine
Been on the grind since like '88 or '89
The game is foul like a plate of swine
Now is there anybody con like me?
Is anybody out there on the grind like me?
For everybody working nine to five
For everybody trying to rise with they eyes on the prize
I'm with 'cha, we all going through it
But yo, deep down inside I know we still gon' do it
Oh

No comments: