Friday, March 21, 2008

Verse Of The Day : Show Me The Good Life

Show Me The Good Life by Blu & Exile feat. Aloe Blacc & Joesph

[Verse two - Aloe Blacc]

Won’t somebody show me there’s a few things my poppa never told me
Maybe cause the stone still rolling no remorse yet
Its a few things my momma never told me to mold me
But her soul is so golden the way she flossing
And I aint mad at their secrets though
It’s a hard sell to tell a young child about your deepest low
But I don seen through the weakness so
I understand a little bit on how the defeat ? ?
You so, far down that you ? grow
And everyday gets colder when the breezes blow
Grand momma sat me down and said, 'you need to know
Boy you a little light in this world, let your ? glow
Have patience some things take time
And aint no limit to the goals that you could hold in your mind’
Lift the soul when you crying ‘till you reach the gates of heaven
Like your chariot is carrying children who going blind
And you going to get their sight back, when all they see is night black
Believe in everything that you doing and just like that
Things will happen for you, keep shining them ?
It’s bright enough to spread over a million graves
Over a million slaves to bring honor to the elders
Who held us away from danger when the danger would have killed us
They never failed us but they souls have peace
And follow in their steps, you got brother to keep
In this good life

No comments: