Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spotlight Album: The Black Album


Jay-Z - The Black Album

01. Interlude (prod. Just Blaze)
02. Decemeber 4th (prod. Just Blaze)
03. What More Can I Say (prod. The Buchannans)
04. Encore (prod. Kanye West)
05. Change Clothes (prod. The Neptunes)
06. Dirt Off Your Shoulder (prod. Timbaland)
07. Threat (prod. 9th Wonder & Jay-Z)
08. Moment Of Clarity (prod. Eminem)
09. 99 Problems (prod. Rick Rubin)
10. Public Service Announcement (prod. Just Blaze)
11. Justify My Thug (prod. DJ Quik)
12 . Lucifer (prod. Kanye West)
13. Allure (prod. The Neptunes)
14. My 1st Song (prod. Aqua & Joe "3H" Weinberger)

My Thoughts
To start off, this is my personal favorite album of all-time. I know alot of people will disagree as they will take that comment as me saying it GOAT. Well those people are ignorant. Anyway this album is a mixture of emotional introspective Jay-Z & Hyped Club Banging Jay. A perfect mix of both styles but his introspective side takes command majority of this album. With the last string of song (Lucifer, Allure & My 1st Song) being Jay-Z best songs ever and my favorite songs from Jay & anybody. Truly this would be the perfect career ending album for Jay-Z but Jay couldn't stay away(can't blame ya). Will Jay is already a legend and most of you have heard this album so its no point of me upping material for it. So give it another listen & atleast respect Jay. You don't gotta love em but just respect em.


No comments: