Sunday, June 8, 2008

Verse Of The Day

CunninLynguist Ft.Tonedeff - Love Ain't


[1st Verse]

Love ain't for the faint of heart
Start Training, this game is hard
And arduous
You're gonna play in the dark like when it rains in the park
You're hardly conscious of the stains and scars
enabling your partly clouded logic
To pay to impart bliss with arrangements of chocolates, now
You're working yourself out the same as when you strain with a nautilus
And you're willing to embrace pain facing sustained negative consequence
If nothing you say when in love is embedded with common sense
Then, do you really regret when you've shredded your promises?
Now, I've tested the waters, kid. Sipped it; rippled the pond a bit
Visits have been abolished, and this shit's killing my confidence
Is this filling your conscience when distance is an accomplishment?
If you miss chicks when they're around
the phrase "Let's quit" isn't an option
You best fix whatever's wrong and just move on and get on with it
Cause, You'll catch bigger fish in the sea if you manage not to drown in it
It's sad, but proud or not, most your standards go down a notch
When loneliness drinks at the bar you set too high
Cause, It isn't really my time, is it?
Shit...I just found the watch
But hearing the bell toll for me twice a day
has me fearing my grandfather clock
And I can't die without trying, my hands tied in knots
Knowing that I'll never learn to brave the waves if I stand by the docks
Love is hampered by thought, if you can handle the prospect of
Death - it's as massive a shock
And to intellects, it's a fuckin' smack in the crotch
It's a cancer that rots your soul, tosses demons off of the road
Just use caution and know, that
love ain't nothing but a loss of control
Off then, we go

No comments: