Thursday, June 12, 2008

tHoRo's Notable Quotable Verse(s) of the Day

A.Z.'s cut from Nas' "Life's a Bitch". One of the best verses in -EVER-, and the only feature on Illmatic. Nas took the L somethin major by letting the only guest rapper on the album eat 'em on his own track lol... but with a verse like that, he woulda been hard pressed to top it anyways.





Visualizin' the realism of life and actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenter's
But somethin' must have got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin' in peace and some are sittin' in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin' to carry on tradition
Keepin' the effervescent street ghetto essence inside us
'Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
but as long as we leavin' thievin', we'll be leavin' with some kind of dough
so, until that day that we expire and turn to vapors
me and my capers'll be somewhere stackin' plenty papers
Keepin' it real, packin' steel, gettin' high
LIFESABITCH, and then ya... Dieeeee



Download a cool blended version I found forever ago HERE...
I'll up the original track if someone wants it, just drop a line in the shoutbox or the comments section.

-kEEPiTtHORO

1 comment:

Th0ro! said...

ahhh i keep fuckin up the posts LOL, the words run off the side....