Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Verse Of The Day: The Art of Storytellin' Part 4

Artist: DJ Drama f/ Marsha Ambrosius, OutKast
Album: Gangsta Grillz: The Album
Song: The Art of Storytellin' Part 4


[Andre 3000]
So I'm watching her fine ass walk to my bedroom
And thought to myself that's the shape of things to come
She said, "Why in the club, you don't make it precipate?
You know, make it rain when you could make it thunderstorm?"
I'm like, why? The world needs sun. The hood needs funds
There's a war going on and half the battle is guns
How dare I throw it on the floor
When people are poor
So I write like Edgar Allen to restore
Got a cord, umbilical, attached to a place that can't afford
No landscaping or window draping
This old lady told me if I ain't got nothing good, say nay-thing
That's why I don't talk much. I swear it don't cost much
To pay attention to me
I tell it like it is and then I tell it how it could be
The hood be requesting my services
Oh, don't get nervous it's
Step your game up time. These ain't them same old rhymes
Designed to have you dancing in some club
Niggas ride to me; women beat off in their tub
Exfoliating with their poms poms yelling, "Go 3000."
I'm in my whatever bumping +nwa, + +100 Miles and Runnin'+
Runnin', Runnin', Runnin', Runnin'
Summon, woman. Come in. Sit down
Heard you need some plumbing
Done and I’m in a swell mood, a rather swole mood
Until she told me that she told dude
That she’ll be back, she’s going to the store
I didn’t know she had a boyfriend so the door
I pointed her to. I said, "Call me when y'all break up
I don’t fuck nobody's bitch and never owned a Jacob."
Know what time it is
Nigga just trying to live like a nigga supposed to live
If I still drank that malt liquor, I’d pour the beer
On the ground for niggas not around. I started off starving
Now they got me out here +Brett Favre+ing
Trying see if I still got it; got it
I guess it’s like a bike. Think about it
Bout it, bout it

No comments: