Monday, April 21, 2008

Verse Of The Day

Tonedeff - Loyal


[2nd Verse]
What's your name again? I know, I knew it 2 seconds ago/
But, I don't recognize this 2nd face, though to the 1st it's identical/
You were the type that I put on a pedestal. Your acts were commendable/
But the bond of friendship isn't impenetrable/
And inevitably the blunt force of ego proved lethal/
To a good person forced to wallow in the shit of evil people/
Fundamentally filled with avarice, a cheat from the soul/
Spending their lives to make sure that you ain't achieving your goals/
Unreasonable kings that want to see you jump through rings of fire
For their own amusement, holding nooses - hoping trees are higher/
So abusive towards you that truce just doesn't seem required/
Cause, why play the game? When you can make the other team retire/
Strings are tirelessly pulled in your favor as you play the rumor creator,
Twisting words till they sound like statements you made up/
With a big grin you soak it all in, as former friends/
Go face to face with contradicting convictions/
Plots are thickening, cause you pitched in. You feel important, now?/
Must've been high as kite from snorting clouds/
Sorta proud of yourself, and the way you hold ya ground/
Distastefully wore the shroud, how's it feel to have puppets to order 'round/
But I saw through you, even before I found
How you would say 'no, beef', give me dap, and hit me with a quarter-pound/
Your loyalty's watered down, Bottled with a squirt cap/
But When the drama popped off, where the fuck were you to plug the cork back.

No comments: